This Earth Day celebrate the beautiful Mother Earth by allowing less waste in your beauty routine.
- Washing your hair less is a good idea: You’ve heard your hair stylist say it, but you may have been resistant. Not only does washing less protect your color and salon style longer, this choice saves water too. A little oily at the roots? Consider a dry shampoo product like Bumble and bumble’s pret-a-powder or Moroccanoil’s new Dry Shampoo. These products help make styling easier as well.
- Recycle those empty hair product containers: Place your empty plastic bottles in your recycling pick-up to keep them out of the landfill. Empty steel aerosol cans can be recycled too.
- Make-up containers can be recycled too: Origins stores take your make-up tubes, compacts, and caps of any brand. MAC will give you a free lipstick when you bring in 6 empty MAC lip sticks. That’s better than a cookie or a gold star for being good!
- Buy liter sizes: Many Bumble and bumble shampoos and conditioners come in a liter size and Moroccanoil comes in a half-liter sizes too. The larger size keeps you from running out for more between salon visits and often saves a little money too. Use this liter to fill your smaller bottles for vacations and the spare bathroom shower. Reusing is recycling’s cousin you know.
- Tube squeezers for those who can’t agree on where to squeeze the tube: You may have seen your hair stylist use a special gadget to squeeze every drop of color from those steel color tubes. Reducing waste is important to a hair salon and our Earth too. You can find tube squeezers for home use and squeeze every bit of toothpaste, ointment and even household products like paint.