We’re taking many steps to prepare ourselves and the salon for your safe return after California’s Covid19 non-essential business closures. On this page, you’ll find a short version, a longer version, and the official state and county guidelines informing the health and safety protocols we’re following for our reopening.
- Every person in the salon is required to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth at all times.
- All arriving guests will be asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Every person in the salon will have a touch-free temperature screening upon arrival.
- All guests and team members must maintain a 6 foot distance between themselves and other guests as well as team members that are not performing their hair service.
- Every person arriving in the salon will be asked to reschedule if experiencing symptoms of illness.
- Guests must check in at the front desk, please do not walk directly to your stylist’s station
- A thorough cleaning and sanitation schedule is being followed which includes the use of safe and effective disinfecting products on each station and all high touch surfaces.
Maintaining distance, washing hands, not touching our faces, and disinfecting shared items and surfaces is the critical way to stop the virus that causes Covid19. Using our own set of guidelines, guidelines developed by the State of California, and the County of San Diego we are opening in the safest way we can.
We are looking out for the safety of our guests and our team. We aren’t trying to make the salon less friendly. We’ll always do our best to maintain the same warm, caring environment you love despite the additional precautions. Always assume there’s a smile under our masks.
Here is what we did to prepare the salon
- Steam cleaned hard surfaces
- Replaced towels and replenished other washable client items
- Removed old-fashioned bonnet dryers to increasing space for shampoo area
- Removed self-serve beverage station
- Redesigned our hours and our schedules so stations directly next to each other are not active at the same time.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Hair Stylists must wear a mask that covers the nose and nose at all times.
- Guests must wear a mask that covers the nose and nose at all times. Behind the ear style is required for hair cuts and colors.
- Disposable masks are available to anyone who needs one at the front desk.
- Clear face shields or goggles are optional equipment that may be worn by the team.
- Gloves are worn by the team member whenever possible.
Sanitation and Cleaning
The State of California’s Board of Barbering and Cosmetology requires a high level of cleaning and sanitation in its licensed establishments. Here’s what we’re doing to ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation:
- All surfaces that come into contact with a client or a tool used on the client from the styling chair to the shampoo bowl, are wiped with Rejuvenate disinfectant wipes between each client. Rejuvenate’s hospital grade disinfectants for salons and spas are more powerful and safer than traditional solutions.
- While hand washing is preferred, hand sanitizer is available as a back up at each station.
- Barbicide brand disinfectant is used to sanitize all tools that touch a client.
- Our front desk staff member will use disinfectant wipes at a minimum of every 30 minutes on high-touch items such as door knobs and water faucets.
- Our towels, capes and smocks are washed and dried on the highest temperature settings between each use.
- The salon is cleaned and replenished on a schedule from mopping to ensuring a supply of hand soap and paper towels.
- Hands are washed or sanitized between each client.
You may see the biggest change here. We want the salon to stay calm and quiet during this time, ensuring guests and team members can adequately distance from one another. You may find your usual preferred appointment is not available because our schedules are arranged to allow active stations openness around them.
- On occasion we may need to move appointments to keep limits on numbers of people in the salon. We will try our hardest to book accurately the first time to keep this from happening.
- Only ADA compliant service-animals are allowed in the salon.
- To allow a current guest their space, the next client must check in at the front. Please do not go to station unless asked to do so.
- Please bring minimal belongings and leave extra bags and unneeded coats in your car or at home.
- Please do not bring additional guests to your appointment.
- Please do not bring children to your appointment unless they also have an appointment and your stylist knows they are coming so we can be prepared with space for them.
Want to know even more?
- Our County of San Diego Safe Reopen Plan is located on our front windows at 220 W G Street, Suite B, San Diego , CA 92101
- Our licensing board can be found here: https://www.barbercosmo.ca.gov/
- Call us and ask, we’d rather talk to you anyway. We miss you! And if you’ve read this far, we’re impressed. Here’s a virtual hug!